Bucs restricting camp access for fans

A year ago, the Buccaneers opened their training camp to the world, by allowing HBO’s Hard Knocks to document their every move.

This year, they’re cutting back on how much of it they are letting their own fans see.

According to Greg Auman of the Tampa Bay Times, the Bucs have cut back the number of open practices during training camp from 13 last year to six this year.

That’s one way to look at it. But the timing is curious, considering the Bucs are coming off a 5-11 season and their season is starting under a cloud already, with quarterback Jameis Winston suspended for (at least) the first three games.

In November 2017, the NFL learned of an incident involving Winston and a shared-ride service driver that had taken place in March 2016 in Scottsdale, AZ, the league said in a statement. The incident, which had been immediately reported by the driver to her employer and which resulted in Winston’s removal from the ride-sharing platform, was also publicly reported last November.

Winston has accepted the punishment and will not appeal, which fairly can be taken as an admission that he did what he was accused of doing. He will be eligible for training camp and the preseason. His suspension will commence following the preseason finale, and it will last until the day after the Week Three Monday night home game against the Steelers.

Janoris wanted to get back to New Jersey but the New York Giants and the attorneys have told him to stay in Florida at this point as police continue to investigate, ESPN’s Diana Russini said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *